Saturday, April 04, 2009

Mosquitoes!

Urgh! There are mosquitoes. In the kitchen. In the dish tray - the one below the dishes where you put the dishes for drying.

I saw mosquitoes larva and pupa wriggling in the dish tray. But, I didn't breed them on purpose. I think I better be more alert nowadays and make sure I check all the receptables that can hold water more thoroughly.

After seeing the larva and pupa, I quickly boiled some water and poured it over the dish tray. I think I saw them struggling for their lives for a short time and soon stopped moving. Then, I poured away the water, If I had not done that, the larva and pupa will continue to grow elsewhere, maybe in the water pipe.

Do you know that mosquitoes can spread dengue fever? Having dengue fever is no fun - if it is too serious, you may even die. Let's make sure that no mosquito grows in our house. Go check it now!

If you want to know more about the life cycle of a mosquito, drop me a note.

No comments: