Monday, September 22, 2008

Climbing up the Bukit Timah Hill

After going to the Kranji War Memorial, we went to the Bukit Timah Hill. Jia Yi has been there before, when he was 3, and now has no memory of it.

Jia Yi was pratically running up the steep slope of the hill. I was behind him trying to catch up, but my legs were unwilling. He tried to ask me questions about the signs that he saw at the side of the path, but I was too breathless to answer. It was the determination that I would not lose out to the rest of the group members, and to 'save face' in front of Jia Yi, that made me climb all the way to the summit.

There isn't many pictures to show because my hands were shaking so much that I could not take any nice pictures. But, I had to take the evidence to show that I had reached the summit.


I will go there again after I have trained up my stamina. And I will bring my husband along, to show off my stamina.

No comments: